AWA - Inspiring Arab Water Leaders
Launched in July 2008, the Arab Water Academy (AWA) is established as a regional center of excellence to promote innovative perspectives on making the most of water scarcity in the Arab region.It aims, through state-of-the-art executive education and capacity development programs, to accelerate the shift from a focus on water supply augmentation and direct service provision to integrated water management and service regulation. Initiated by the Arab Water Council (AWC), the Academy is hosted by the Environment Agency-Abu Dhabi (EAD) in partnership with the International Center for Biosaline Agriculture (ICBA).
Decision-makers in MENA countries are facing ever-increasing challenges in meeting demands for water from limited resources. To manage these complexities, new ideas and practices are needed in developing solutions. The Arab Water Academy has been developed to meet this challenge by extending beyond the conventional education and training provided by other institutions in the region.
The Academy's mission is to:
• Enhance skills, knowledge, and tools to develop future water strategies and policies based on integrated thinking across sectors.
• Support active implementation of the learning beyond the Academy. It will continue to assist participants in any moves to develop their enabling environments, institutional frameworks, promote policies, and organizational capacity after studying a program.
• To develop and deliver executive education for leaders, senior professionals and policy-makers from the public and private sectors
• To provide technical coaching and mentoring services to executive leaders in managing change, reform or transformation at organizational, sector and national level
• To provide a continuous learning environment for alumni and other ‘ professionals in areas of strategic importance in the Arab RegionEnglish Brochure (1.4 MB) Arabic Brochure (784 kB)